This week there are three different blood drives in our area with The American Red Cross. With the devastating storms and weather approaching the East Coast there will be a need for blood donations in the coming weeks. I encourage you to sign up or show up to donate this week. The blood drives this week will be at the following locations.
- Wednesday, September 12th at MGCCC Jefferson Davis Campus on Switzer Raod in Gulfport 10am – 4pm
- Thursday, September 13th at MGCCC Jefferson Davis Campus on Switzer Road in Gulfport 10am – 4pm.
- Friday, September 14th at Gulfport High School on Perry Street in Gulfport
Here are some helpful tips on the day of your donation.
- Drink an extra 16 oz. of water (or other nonalcoholic drink) before your appointment.
- Eat a healthy meal, avoiding fatty foods like hamburgers, fries or ice cream.
- Wear a shirt with sleeves that you can roll up above your elbows.
- Let techs know if you have a preferred arm or particular vein that has been used successfully in the past to draw blood.
- Relax, listen to music, talk to other donors or read while you donate.
Happy Patriot Day! ~~ Patty Steele