In less than 24 hours after the Manchester Arena bombing at an Ariana Grande concert we are learning a lot about the tragic event.
Here’s what we know so far:
- British authorities identified the suicide bomber as 22 year old Salman Abedi.
- Reports say 22 people were killed and dozens more were injured.
- At least 12 children under the age of 16 were injured.
- Among the young victims who passed was an 8 year old girl.
- Two warrants have been issued at two separate residences. Officers used a police controlled explosive device to gain entry into one of the homes.
- Officials believe the device was packed with shrapnel and built to inflict as much human damage as possible.
On Twitter, support has been pouring in for the victims, their loved ones, the injured and for Ariana and her crew. Here is a collection of tweets from celebrities.
Tweets from US Presidents:
We stand in absolute solidarity with the people of the United Kingdom. pic.twitter.com/X6fUUxxYXE
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 23, 2017
Our hearts go out to those killed and wounded in Manchester. Americans will always stand shoulder to shoulder with the people of the UK.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) May 23, 2017
Broken hearted for the families tonight. Broken hearted for Ari. Broken hearted for the state of this world. 😔
— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) May 23, 2017
My thoughts, prayers and tears for all those affected by the Manchester tragedy tonight. I’m sending all my love.
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) May 23, 2017
So heartbreaking. Love and prayers for Manchester. https://t.co/hxTQQAnMfS
— Ed Sheeran (@edsheeran) May 23, 2017
No words can describe how I feel about what happened in Manchester. I don’t wanna believe that the world we live in could be so cruel.
— Bruno Mars (@BrunoMars) May 23, 2017
My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected in Manchester.
— Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) May 23, 2017
#Manchester has always been so close to my heart! These are innocent vulnerable kids, this could’ve been any of us! I’m devastated!
— Rihanna (@rihanna) May 23, 2017
My heart hurts for my sister, Ariana & every family affected by this tragic event in the U.K. Innocent lives lost. I’m so sorry to hear this
— NICKI MINAJ (@NICKIMINAJ) May 23, 2017
Ariana Grande, who sources say was inconsolable and in “in hysterics” posted this to her official Twitter account:
from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) May 23, 2017
Our prayers continue to be with the victims and their families.